LASER RECHARGINGCOLOURED INK\TONERRIBBON RELOADING
RIBBON RE-INKINGINKJET RE-FILLINGFULL WARRANTY
- Shop 3 / 1300 Albany Highway (Corner George
Way) CANNINGTON WA 6107
- PO BOX 155 CANNINGTON WA 6987
TEL (08) 9350 6292 FAX (08) 9451
- Reinking of ribbon cartridges.
- Replenishing the ink in a ribbon by application
of a consistent flow of ink to the fabric.
- Reloading of ribbon cartridges.
- Replacement of the existing ribbon with new ,
pre-inked ribbon of equivalent or higher quality
, including single and multi-coloured ribbons.
- Refilling of inkjet cartridges.
- Injecting ink of the same type and quantity into
the cartridge reservoir and where applicable ,
empty the waste ink reservoir. The number of
times an inkjet cartridge can be recycled is
- Recharging of laser cartridges.
- Pre-test , disassemble , clean and inspect ,
replenish toner , lubricate , adjust , assemble
- Coloured Ribbons, Inks.
- Nylon fabric / ink is available in red , brown ,
blue , yellow , green and purple; HP and Canon
inkjet inks available in blue , brown , red and
green as well as cyan , magenta and yellow.
- Printer Consultation Service
- To recommend which printer suits
your printing requirements , purchasing budget
and ongoing operating costs (ie cost per page).
- NEW Printers - Canon , Hewlett Packard ,
Epson , Star , Seikosha. Dot Matrix , Inkjet or Laser.
- NEW Consumables - including toner
(lasers and photocopiers) OPC drums , typewriter
consumables , computer disks , backup tapes and general
stationery items at competitive prices.
- Inks, toners and fabrics used for processing are of the
highest quality available to remanufacturers.
- All cartridges are inspected prior to processing for
general wear and tear or physical damage. Damaged
cartridges are rejected and returned to the customer.
- We prefer to reload cartridges with 4.8 mil , high
density , nylon. The length of ribbon reloaded is based
on the cartridge manufacturers' specifications.
- Re-inked ribbons are held for at least 24 hours and
tested for ink density and dissipation within the fabric.
Due to the nature of the re-inking process , it is not
possible to check every centimetre of fabric inside a
cartridge for damage. However , spot checks are made.
- Most inkjet cartridges (with print-head) are tested for
print quality and test results are provided.
- Laser cartridges are processed in accordance with
standards set by West Australian Cartridge Rechargers
Association (Inc). Testing is performed before and after
processing and final test prints are included with the
Pricing , Discounts and Invoicing
- Our recycling prices reflect a 30% to 70% cost saving on
new cartridges (depending on process).
- Quantity discounts apply to all remanufactured and
- Discounts are forfeited and interest/account fees charged
on overdue accounts
- Invoices are issued with the processed goods and payment
on delivery/collection is expected, unless prior
arrangements have been made. Credit card facilities
(Amex, Visa, bankcard and MasterCard) are also available.
- Invoiced items remain the property of Printer Cartridge
Revival Services until full payment is received.
- Discounts will be forfeited and interest charged on
Every effort is taken to ensure that the processed cartridge
performs as well as (or as close to) the performance of a new
cartridge. Depending on the cartridge, process performed and/or
your specific requirements, this may not always be achieved. If
you are dissatisfied with the performance of the recycled
cartridge for whatever reason, please return (or arrange
to return) the cartridge for;
- REPROCESSING of the cartridge OR
- A REPLACEMENT UNIT (if available) OR
- A FULL REFUND on applied processing
charge(s), excepting freight costs, where applicable.
It is highly unlikely for remanufactured cartridges to
directly cause any damage to printers as there are numerous
factors involved. Examples are:
- Incorrect head setting on impact printers
- Excessive use of a ribbon cartridge (ie. After print
quality has faded). This causes wear to both the ribbon
and print-head. (Obvious signs are a build-up of lint at
the exit/entry points of the cartridge caused by physical
damage to the ribbon.)
- Irregular cleaning of paper dust , filters , print-heads
, or inadequate ventilation around printers
- Age and duty cycle of the printer and the types of paper
Pickup and Delivery Service
A pickup and delivery service for the Perth
Metropolitan area is provided at no additional charge. Most
metropolitan suburbs are covered at least once a week, and
a minimum invoice value of $15.00 is applicable. This
service is subject to scheduling at our convenience. Please
expect a minimum turnaround of two to three working days and
ensure that spare consumables are held to avoid any interruptions
to your printing.
For more urgent requirements, couriers can be arranged (1
hour, same day or next day) and charged for accordingly. Of
course, you are most welcome to call in to our shop (on the
corner of George Way), where we can offer a 24-hour turnaround
service on most cartridges. Shop hours are from 7:30 am to 6:00
pm Monday to Friday.
We reserve the right to reject the recycling of printer
- Excessive wear and tear of the cartridge is detected (ie
the casing is damaged or worn)
- Inability to process the cartridge to the method of
manufacture or manufacturing process, lack of suitable
processing equipment, or unacceptable quality of
available ink, ribbon or toner supplies.
- Outstanding credit on the customers account.
Labeling & Packaging
Cartridges are labeled according to the process performed,
with information relating to the number of times the cartridge
has been re-processed. Laser cartridges are labeled, placed in
light-proof bags, wrapped in cushioning material and packed in
sturdy cardboard cartons. Please retain and reuse your packaging
for the safe storage and transportation of your cartridges.
Further information on pricing and services can be obtained
from our office by phoning (08) 9350 6292 or by fax on (08) 9451
We look forward to being of
assistance in the near future.